PCPPA is excited to present and host Dawn Potter of Dawn Potter Photography for a special Newborn 101 Workshop this August!
ABOUT DAWN POTTER:
I’m a natural light photographer with a home studio in Maple Valley. When I started my business just over two years ago, I immediately chose to specialize in newborn photography. Since then, I’ve photographed nearly a hundred babies and I fall in love with each and every one of them. There is nothing more amazing in life than the feeling you get when you’re doing something that you absolutely love and I’ve found that in newborn photography.
PCPPA AUGUST BREAKOUT EVENT: NEWBORN 101 WORKSHOP
Are you just starting out in Newborn Photography or thinking about adding it to your business? Then don’t miss out on this special summer PCPPA breakout workshop featuring local Professional Newborn Photographer Dawn Potter! Learn from a local industry leader, how she got started, what you will need to start your business and how to effectively and efficiently flow pose newborns while keeping them safe! PLUS as an added bonus you will have the chance to get behind your camera and photograph the attending models to build your portfolio!
DATE: Saturday August 6th
LOCATION: 2502 Tacoma Ave S, Tacoma WA 98402
COST: $75/PCPPA Members and $125/NON-PCPPA Members
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE: RSVP HERE
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How Dawn Potter got started in the Newborn Photography industry.
- Basic business requirements needed to start as a Newborn Photographer.
- Props and materials you will need to start, where to find them, and how to decide what you need and what you don’t.
- How to set up model calls and what to do when getting started and building your portfolio.
- Newborn Beanbag Posing with Models (Flow Posing Demonstration by Dawn Potter)
- Froggy Pose
- Taco Pose
- Tushy Pose
- Side Lying Tushy Variation
- Potato Sack Pose
- Attendees will have an opportunity to photograph the participating models and take behind the scenes photos.
- Open Question and Answer discussion time with Dawn Potter.
PLEASE NOTE: Attendees will be able to take photographs but likely will not be hands-on when posing baby unless a spotter is needed. Baby’s immune systems are not developed and they’re quite susceptible to illness so it’s really important that anyone who is sick doesn’t attend.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Camera with 35mm, 50mm or 24-70mm lens.
- Photographers should be able to operate their cameras and adjust their settings without assistance.
- Notebook and pen for taking notes
- Please note that the studio space will be kept warm. (Everyone will want to dress accordingly.)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!